Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hodgepodge

I love the word hodgepodge and this is probably what this entry is going to be.

It's been an interesting weekend.
Still not working daily on Step 10. I'm doing it today, as soon as I write this blog.
I promise! I even wrote it down!

This last Friday was a very emotionally hard day for me. I had training in the morning
and then had to take a test to be certified. Heavenly Father definitely helped me because I had about 10 minutes to study. Still, it was stressful.
Then I had work. Which turned out to be very emotionally trying.
I can't got into details, because of the nature of my job, but I was left bruised and scuffed emotionally and physically.
I had my ipod on in the car and I cried as certain songs played.
It was just too much.
(I have made progress. I used to cry every single day. Song on the radio, tv commercial, etc... and I'd lose it.)
And then I was reminded rather sharply of a huge change that is coming soon.

Even more tears. This wasn't a bad thing. I had an overwhelming day.
Instead of trying to numb (okay, I did have some chocolate), I talked to my family and to my Heavenly Father. The talk wasn't profound, it was a simple, "Today was hard. I'm struggling right now with faith that this is Your plan."
So Saturday, I kept it simple (read: didn't do much, except a little service, playing with cats, and cleaning), even took a nap, and then we had Stake Conference.
It was a really good meeting and I took lots of notes. The theme was on sustaining the home and family with the priesthood. Wow. A couple talks were exactly what I needed to hear. Nothing specific, just a simple feeling of peace. That God is there.

Today was the same. One talk from a single sister in my stake was so... neat. I loved it. It was about accessing the power of the priesthood. Which I can do, even without a priesthood holder in my home.
I'll have to find my notes and post more later. After such a hard day, Stake Conference was a respite and a bulwark. Just what I needed.

Anyway, during the meeting I realized I could see the back of my bishop's head. Then I looked left and there was the Executive Secretary at the end of the row.
Hmm. I need to call him, I thought.
Then the Stake President got up and said he felt very strongly he needed to talk about the Law of Chastity.
God isn't very subtle sometimes!

So yes, I have called. I have made an appointment. Next week. Eeek! And he didn't ask any questions. I love my ward's Exec Secretary.

And tomorrow I'm calling my local Deseret Industries about the huge amount of romance novels they stock. Maybe you could pray they will be cool about getting rid of them.

Okay, now it's off to work on Step 10!
Happy Father's Day.

5 comments:

  1. I love that word too! So glad you made an appt with the Bish... I'm sure it will be wonderful:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nervous, but he seems cool.
      I just loved that the Exec Sec didn't ask why!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea on talking to the DI peoples.... I have a family member who works for DI. I'm going to ask him what he thinks the higher-uppers might say to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you? That would be SOOO great!
      My local one seemed pretty cool about it. I had to give them my name and number. Eeek! But the woman I spoke with was very nice. So I'm hoping I hear something or see something.

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.