Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Well, that lasted a long time.

Tonight was PASG and I loved it. It was Step 11 tonight. I'm not on Step 11 yet, but the Lord helped me tonight.
This week has been difficult. I have been striving to get to bed early. So far, I'm averaging around 12pm... which isn't bad. Then I've been praying for patience with a client at work. And then getting annoyed and having a knee-jerk reaction. I specifically prayed about this today and it still happened.
It's been a long week already.
Frustration!

Anyway, but the Lord used Step 11 tonight to teach me that I can try again. To remind me that I am turning to Him, even if it's just to say "I am upset. Please help." (as I make the strangling gesture with my hands) ;) Probably should stop that, the gestures, not the talking.

Anyway, then today I found out the the employment opportunity I was hoping would happen is not likely... for now.
I don't count my chickens before they hatch. I count my chickens before their parents have hatched.

However, I noticed that I didn't get all "I don't know what to do with my life!"Or go into Children of Israel mode, I just sighed and made a plan. Keep applying for jobs. Hope I'm doing this right. Move forward.

Still working on gratitude and trying to really, really pray. To tell the Lord what is going on and not just expect Him to know. I mean, He does know, but I think He wants to hear from me too. Sharing with Him brings me closer to Him.

I know I promised to share what I've learned in my reading of the references for Alma 5:28 and I thought this was apt after today.
One of the scripture references in the Topical Guide under "Man, New, Spiritually Reborn" is:

1 Peter 1:3-4
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

Isn't that lovely? I have an inheritance incorruptible reserved in heaven for me. I have a lively hope because my Savior lives! I am born again because of my Savior.

And this promise won't fade away.




2 comments:

  1. that's so awesome to see progress. And also, very lovely promise there at the end. You're a rock star lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are pretty darn cool yourself. :) I love that scripture.

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.