Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tender mercies and blessings.

Well, hello all!

Wednesday night, after PASG, I was talking with one of my friends and she told me that I was probably making Step 10 a bigger deal than it needed to be.

That may be true. I do tend to do that with the steps. So I thought, I need to talk with my Bishop. He would help me see if I am trying to overdo Step 10.
Well, each day passed and I would forget to call and make an appointment.
I didn't remember until last night.

Well, I thought, it's too late. Maybe I can try to schedule one for next week.

Two really cool things happened today.
1) I woke late because, well, I stayed up way too late reading a book.
But it was a good book! I stayed up reading it because I loved the story and, yes, I knew I could just read it later... but just one more chapter... ha ha.

Anyway, so I hurried and dressed. I've missed the sacrament two weeks in a row. I did not want to make it three! "Please, Heavenly Father." Please help me get the sacrament. I was 15 minutes late and as I walked into the church, I heard them singing... the sacrament hymn! Yes!
Thank you. Thank you, Heavenly Father.
I was able to read the sacrament hymn and take the sacrament and pray... it was lovely. A tender mercy.

2) After the sacrament, the bishopric spoke. Very good talks and then my Bishop got up to talk and he talked about the Atonement and how it can be used to change us. The Spirit started nudging me, see him today. See the Bishop today. You need to see him today. Not so subtle.  Quiet, yes.

So I saw him. We talked. We laughed. He told me how pleased he was that I was working the program. He gave me a blessing.
It was an uplifting experience.

So I didn't get a chance to work on Step 10 today, but I'm not going to stress about it. One day at at time.
I'm going to work on balancing my days. Staying close to the Lord. Finding my path.

I'm also going to work on gratitude this week. I try to read the Ensign through every month before the end of the month. This month's First Presidency Message is from President Eyeing on gratitude. It was a message I needed to read. I need to work on gratitude for so many things. So I'm starting out my prayers with what I'm grateful for each morning and night.
Today I am grateful for bishops.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! The Lord really does know us each individually. I'm glad you were able to talk to your bishop. Thanks for the gratitude reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I've noticed when I'm grateful I whine less. Less Children of Israel moments.

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.