Friday, November 29, 2013

Tiny miracles.

Tuesday morning I woke up and I couldn't hear out of one of my ears.
I'd been trying all sorts of home remedies for ear wax. I mean ALL sorts. I had ear wax softener, some little ear wax remover and all sorts of things.
And it seemed to only be getting worse.
So I spent Tuesday half deaf. It was so weird and frustrating.

I actually skipped my meetings that night to just keep treating my ear. At one point, I admit I stuck something rather sharp in my ear, because I WANTED TO HEAR!
It worked. 
Until I woke up the next morning…. and it was blocked again.
Argh!
So I wasn't in the best of moods.
I'll admit, I wanted a healing. I told Heavenly Father I couldn't afford a doctor (being uninsured).
So every morning I would wake up hopeful, but still blocked. I could barely hear my alarm clocks.
I kept treating my ear, but no luck. It seemed to get worse.
Thanksgiving was great, but I felt like I missed a lot of conversation. Do you know how weird it is to talk and hear the echo reverberating in your head?
However, I went to group. I needed to go. And we were on Step 10.
Ha ha ha.
I had a goal to be done with Step 10 by the time we read Step 10, but that didn't happen.
Still, reading through the step, I realized that I haven't been working on three reviews:
Previewing the day before: Looking at my day and what my plans are. Am I doing too much or too little?
Time-out: In the moment, take a break and analyze the situation. Come to a peaceful resolution and rely on the Lord.
Reviewing the day: Before praying. I really need to work on this. Writing in my journal should help. So I look at my day and review how it went, what I need to work on, what I did well, etc. Then I take it to the Lord.
Group was just what I needed.

But today I was miserable. My head hurt, I couldn't hear. I was tired. I'd made up my mind to go to a doctor and get my ear cleared out. Obviously, the home remedies were not working.
Of course, every single doctor office was closed, except the emergency care one. So I went.
It didn't hurt (I don't like doctors. Going can cause a huge panic attack), which was one big fear. And it cost a lot less than I was dreading.
So two tender mercies! And I can HEAR! I can hear the crinkle of my winter coat.
My heart has been full of gratitude for my Lord who helped me with this. I had to do it His way, but it was worth it.
There's a deep lesson in that.

So to end, I'm including one of my favorite new songs.
It tends to bring tears to my eyes. I love the message. Don't forget what God has said.
God is for us.
And the guy's hair! I like his hair.

Group 1 Crew "He Said"
So your life feels like it don't make sense
And you think to yourself, "I'm a good person"
So why do these things keep happening?
Why you gotta deal with them?

You may be knocked down now
But don't forget what He said, He said:

"I won't give you more, more than you can take
And I might let you bend, but I won't let you break
And No-o-o-o-o, I'll never ever let you go-o-o-o-o"
Don't you forget what He said

Who you are ain't what you're going through
So don't let it get the best of you
'Cause God knows everything you need,
So you ain't gotta worry

You may be knocked down now
But just believe what He said, He said:

"I won't give you more, more than you can take
And I might let you bend, but I won't let you break
And No-o-o-o-o, I'll never ever let you go-o-o-o-o"
Don't you forget what He said

Don't fear when you go through the fire
Hang on when it's down to the wire
Stand tall and remember what He said:

"I won't give you more, more than you can take
And I might let you bend, but I won't let you break..."

"I won't give you more, more than you can take
And I might let you bend, but I won't let you break
And No-o-o-o-o, I'll never ever let you go-o-o-o-o"
Don't you forget what He said
Don't you forget what He said
Don't you forget what He said (I want give you more)
I want give you more
What He said

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the song! You post the best songs!! I love the image that He might let me bend, but won't let me break. It's so true too, seriously. Love it. I'm so happy your ear is better!!! That's the best feeling! You're always looking for the good in difficult situations. You're a great example to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a great song? :)
      I'm learning to look for the Lord's hand in my day and to be grateful for what I have. I've found if I do this, I have a much better attitude and am more willing to submit to the Lord's hand in my life. Well, most of the time. ha hah ha.

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.